Find a Cabinet Painter in Delta Junction, Alaska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Alaska // Delta Junction
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will it matter which type of paint I choose for my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for interior walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their sleek look. Typical wall paints might not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint contractors choose for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates longer time to dry and cure than those typically used on walls.
How do I choose a cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to find the perfect one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to begin is by understanding exactly what look you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their previous work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any painter you hire provides documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project begins that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's reputation by evaluating any online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Is the long prep step a necessity before painting my cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt or grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and its components, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach any edges that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only flake off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
Will it be expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Delta Junction, Alaska, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters could bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will have to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job completed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Refresh Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Delta Junction, Alaska
A quick way to boost the value of your home and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and provide an updated look that will match your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Delta Junction, Alaska fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets might be in fair enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
When hunting for the perfect cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be willing to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Discover all important information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Delta Junction, Alaska easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.