Find a pro in Homer, Alaska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Alaska // Homer
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Homer, Alaska
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Homer, Alaska. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.