Find a pro in Pilot Station, Alaska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Pilot Station, AK. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Alaska // Pilot Station
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Pilot Station, AK
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Pilot Station, AK. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.