Find a pro in Sitka, Alaska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Alaska // Sitka
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Sitka, AK
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Sitka, AK. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.