Find a pro in Adger, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Adger, AL
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Adger, AL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Adger, AL. Get the roofing services you need for your home right away.