Find a Cabinet Painter in Aliceville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Alabama // Aliceville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What type of paint do you use on cabinets?
A frequently asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for home walls will encounter some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them that elegant look. Common wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets and can begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those usually used on walls.
What qualities should I expect in a professional cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to focus on is by knowing precisely what look you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Dependable contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Check that any painter you consider provides documentation of all equipment and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project commences that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's dependability by evaluating any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's always tempting to quickly begin painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it alone, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grease are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach those nooks and crannies that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than expected.
What factors are considered when it comes to the cost of painting cabinets?
There are several factors that play into the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Aliceville, AL, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters could charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Find a Cabinet Painter Near Aliceville, AL Who Will Bring Your Vision to Life
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Aliceville, AL varies, but some homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors such as the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets may be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When looking for the perfect cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be willing to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Find all important information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Aliceville, AL confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.