Find a Pro in Anniston, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all does a house painter do?
Here is what an expert painter can help with:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your certified professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of this prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be remediated before painting can commence, of course. Your service may then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Professional painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the usual hourly price for painters?
The average painter's price on services varies between $22-$43 an hour, not counting taxes or overhead included.
Bear in mind that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. Accordingly, that price does not reflect the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Does interior painting provide a good return on investment?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A professional paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best returns when factoring in the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you have not painted your home recently or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many residents are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you go with, the right paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted safeguards your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of components that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, enough absorption can result in compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health risks. Paint works to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect choice for your interior. A fresh application of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: All residences contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often show dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Getting your home's interior painted covers all imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint applied by a vetted painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What is the slowest time of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about hiring within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from wanting to do projects, so painters are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Find a Professional House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Anniston, AL
When you're searching for a dependable house painter in Anniston, AL, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that provides a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home can boost your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also offers many useful advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that organizes all the necessary information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Anniston, AL and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.