Find a Pro in Athens, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Alabama // Athens
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting a good idea?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A great paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even over listing price. Even if you are not considering selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest ROIs when considering the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your house in the past few years and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you go with, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted strengthens your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of materials which naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint works to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints now are made with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal choice for your household. A new coat of paint also limits dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most houses have flaws and imperfections. Walls often feature dents, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over the years. Having your house's interior painted covers those imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by a vetted contractor will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least busiest time of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about hiring within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from wanting to do projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the right schedule for repainting the outer walls of a residence?
Cracked and chipped paint are some obvious things to keep an eye on, but there are also some less evident things that can cause problems too. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to book painting specialists.
Since every property is different, there is no set deadline to apply another coat, which makes this more difficult for people. Most experts say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
After buying a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because having detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The kind of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its longevity. It may be beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dries.
What array of services will a residential painter offer?
A few of the tasks a vetted painter usually conducts include:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to find the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your hired painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will take care of this prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be fixed before the project can commence, of course. Your painter may then suggest other reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Professional painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By employing a professional painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover an Experienced House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Athens, Alabama
When you need a good house painter near Athens, Alabama, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that provides a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house works to improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also features several useful advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that collects all the important information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Athens, Alabama and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.