Find a pro in Auburn, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Auburn, AL. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Auburn, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Auburn, AL. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.