Find a pro in Baileyton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Baileyton
Roofing Maintenance Services in Baileyton, AL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Baileyton, AL. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.