Find a pro in Bay Minette, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Bay Minette, Alabama
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Bay Minette, Alabama. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.