Find a Pro in Birmingham, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you choose the appropriate exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's relatively affordable to enhance how your home looks with help from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when choosing a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you choose should complement the general aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to form. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are elegant tones that have the ability to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that sticks out from the rest, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
How can recruiting an exterior painting professional enhance your project?
Hiring an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will usually offer you a high-quality outcome than you could attain on your own. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and training to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can recruit an exterior painting professional to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to do it all. With their high-quality practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering less-than-satisfactory results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it's done with close attention to detail and adhering to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the training, tools, and methods to do the project with outstanding workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking precautions that help the paint adhere and look great for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to begin working on, so using power washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work with a flat texture.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a smooth varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint stick.
Can you provide an estimate of the price included in painting the exterior of a house?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can result in high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and provide you with a free estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Find and Hire Exterior Home Painting Companies Near Birmingham, Alabama
Start browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Birmingham, Alabama. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can find a professional with the training and experience to offer high-quality services. You can update your home's aesthetic with a new pop of color that also offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture. By hiring a painter to take care of the project, you're making sure it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can efficiently browse for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to get a good idea of their degree of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you download our no-charge platform. It's streamlined and simple to use for homeowners to find the most suitable contractor for the project in their area. In addition, you can send direct messages, receive an estimate, and set up a consultation all in one app.
Review the project details with an exterior painter who can deliver helpful recommendations and help you brainstorm an attractive color scheme. Painting can increase your home value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what a good color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from many local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver exceptional workmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by downloading our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced professional to handle every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.