Find a pro in Black, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Black, AL. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Black, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Black, AL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.