Find a pro in Brilliant, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Brilliant
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Brilliant, AL
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Brilliant, AL. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.