Find a pro in Calera, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Calera
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Calera, Alabama
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Calera, Alabama, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies featured on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.