Find a pro in Carbon Hill, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Carbon Hill
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Carbon Hill, Alabama
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Carbon Hill, Alabama. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.