Find a pro in Decatur, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Decatur, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Decatur, AL. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.