Find a pro in Delta, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Delta, AL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Delta, AL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.