Find a Pro in Dothan, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // Alabama // Dothan
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you pick the appropriate exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the right choice. It's fairly affordable to boost the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when deciding on a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should go with the general aesthetic you're aiming for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish shades that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more cozy and comfortable.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could attain by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and training to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of attempting to fix mistakes, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From power washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should hire a contractor to execute it. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or offering subpar results.
What actions are part of preparing a residential property for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and sticking to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, materials, and techniques to conduct the project with exceptional craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship starts with taking first steps that let the paint stick and look great for a long time. These are some of the steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime gives you a spotless area to work with, so using power washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair damage on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a sleek varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to let the paint stay.
How much does an exterior painting project cost?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Another factor that can add to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equal higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can assess the project and give you an accurate quote for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Compare Exterior Home Painting Services in Dothan, Alabama
Start your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Dothan, Alabama. If your home needs some new paint, you can find a professional with the training and knowledge to deliver high-quality services. You can improve your home's appearance with new paint that simultaneously offers a strong barrier preventing damage from moisture. By hiring a professional to carry out the project, you're ensuring the work will be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can quickly look for contractors, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can see other exterior painting jobs to get an understanding of their level of expertise. Browsing through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you use our free platform. It's convenient and easy to use for anyone to find the most suitable candidates for the project in their area. You can even direct message professional painters, receive an estimate, and set up a consultation all on one platform.
Go over the project details with an exterior painter who can provide you with useful suggestions and help you brainstorm an elegant color scheme. Painting can increase your home value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from a number of local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and perform outstanding craftsmanship. Get excellent results by using our home management platform and contacting an experienced professional to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.