Find a Pro in Elmore, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to boost how your home looks with assistance from a trained and equipped contractor. These are some of the factors you should think about when deciding on a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should flow with the overarching design you're going for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant tones that have the tendency to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that stands out from the rest, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more cozy and content.
Why should you recruit an exterior painting professional?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a better outcome than you could bring about by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you have the tools and skills to execute the project to industry standards. Instead of attempting to repair errors, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to perform the project as adeptly as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to a contractor to execute it. With their high-quality process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or providing less-than-optimal results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it's completed with close attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, tools, and methods to perform the project with excellent workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking first steps that help the paint stay and look amazing for a long time. These are some of the steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime gives you a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can take care of flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work on a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a sleek finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint adhere.
What's the typical budget for painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a worthy project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can mean high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate quote for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Companies in Elmore, Alabama
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Elmore, Alabama. If your home needs some new paint, you can recruit a contractor with the qualifications and knowledge to deliver outstanding services. You can upgrade your property's design with a new pop of color that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage at the same time. By seeking out a professional to take care of the project, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management app, you can efficiently search for painters, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can take a look at previous exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of their level of expertise. Look through professional profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you download our free app. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for homeowners to pick the best candidates for the project in their area. Additionally, you can direct message contractors, ask for a quote, and set up an appointment all in one place.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painter who can provide you with beneficial suggestions and help you brainstorm an elegant color combination. Painting can raise your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from many local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and perform outstanding workmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our home management platform and get in touch with a skilled professional to take care of every step in the process with close attention to detail.