Find a Cabinet Painter in Ethelsville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Alabama // Ethelsville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Can I use the same paint on my walls to refresh the style of my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint usually used for home walls will face some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their modern aesthetic. Typical wall paints might not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my project?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the most suitable one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. The first place to start is by understanding exactly what style you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their prior work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate widely. Check that any contractor you hire gives written statements of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project has started that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's dependability by assessing any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past clients for view online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is the tedious prep step a necessity when painting my cabinets?
It's may be enticing to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those places that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only chip off and require repainting sooner than expected.
What factors are considered when it comes to the cost of painting cabinets?
There are many factors that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Ethelsville, Alabama, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors could charge you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your painter will need to recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project finished.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Hire a Cabinet Painter in Ethelsville, Alabama Who Can Bring Your Vision to Reality
A smart way to enhance the value of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-efficient option over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will suit your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter around Ethelsville, Alabama varies, but some customers have reported spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your present cabinets might be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When looking for the perfect cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be happy to share a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Locate all the information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Ethelsville, Alabama confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.