Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Foley, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets rather than install new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple project to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow a vetted contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is that similar to cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and gives a certain outcome in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a recommended number of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How can cabinet refinishing be the right choice for my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Foley, Alabama have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Discover a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Foley, Alabama
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many homeowners in Foley, Alabama have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Foley, Alabama confidently.