Find a pro in Gardendale, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Gardendale, Alabama. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Gardendale
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Gardendale, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Gardendale, Alabama. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.