Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Gardendale, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few positives to refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a great practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great advantages of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy project to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get excellent outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is this similar to cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and handymen will need to know what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive result in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times can cabinets be refinished
One of the great advantages about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to buying them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Gardendale, AL have detailed spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
One Site for All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Gardendale, AL Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several people in Gardendale, AL have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Gardendale, AL confidently.