Find a pro in Georgiana, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Georgiana
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Georgiana, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Georgiana, Alabama. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Georgiana, Alabama. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property today.