Find a Pro in Huntsville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you pick the appropriate color for exterior paint?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, choosing an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's somewhat affordable to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when deciding on a color scheme for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you choose should complement the general look you're going for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make the place your own, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish shades that have the ability to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
How can recruiting an exterior painting professional improve your project?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will normally provide you with a better outcome than you could attain by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you have the materials and training to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting contractor to perform the job as adeptly as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to carry it out. With their high-quality process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it's carried out with close attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the knowledge, materials, and strategies to do the job with excellent workmanship. Remarkable workmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that help the paint stick and look great for many years. These are some of the steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime gives you a clean area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work with a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a streamlined finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to help the paint stay.
What's the cost of painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a worthy investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it protected from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equate to high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and give you a free, upfront estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Search for Exterior House Painting Services Near Huntsville, Alabama
Start browsing for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Huntsville, Alabama. If your property needs some new paint, you can find a contractor with the skills and experience to offer outstanding services. You can update your home's design with fresh paint that also offers a strong barrier preventing damage. By seeking out a contractor to take care of the job, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can swiftly look for professionals, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can see other exterior painting jobs to get an understanding of what they can offer. Browsing through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you download our free platform. It's streamlined and easy to use for homeowners to choose the best professional for the job near them. In addition, you can direct message professional painters, ask for an estimate, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the details of the project with an exterior painting professional who can deliver useful recommendations and help you brainstorm a beautiful color combination. Painting can raise your home value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what the right sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from several local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver outstanding craftsmanship. Get outstanding results by downloading our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced exterior painter to handle the entire process with careful attention to detail.