Find a pro in Lafayette, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Lafayette, AL. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Lafayette, AL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Lafayette, AL. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lafayette, AL. Find the right contractor for your house now.