Find a Pro in Lafayette, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the duties of a residential painter?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will assist with:
- Select Colors: When struggling to select the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of the prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages must be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your professional might then suggest other trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Expert painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average hourly price for painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services varies between $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Take into account that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist hourly. Accordingly, it does not include the addition of insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
What are some benefits of choosing interior painting?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A good paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It will also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the effect on home value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively low-cost way to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your interior recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you go with, the right paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough absorption will result in degraded walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints now are produced with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your home. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: All homes contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over the years. Getting your house's interior painted hides all cosmetic issues and will make your room look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the time of least demand for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to scheduling during the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from doing projects, so professional painters have the availability.
For that reason, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Discover an Experienced House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Lafayette, AL
When you're searching for a reliable house painter in Lafayette, AL, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house works to enhance your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also features many practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient site that brings together all the necessary information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Lafayette, AL and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.