Find a Cabinet Painter in Lanett, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Alabama // Lanett
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to renew the appearance of my cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sophisticated aesthetic. Common wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets and can start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs extended drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
How can I determine if I've found the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the most suitable one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to begin is by knowing exactly what aesthetic you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their past work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and skill. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate largely. Make sure that any contractor you consider gives documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur once the project has started that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by assessing their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is the challenging prep phase a necessity when painting my cabinets?
It's may be enticing to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to any places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only chip away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several things that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Lanett, AL, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first obtain quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters could charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the job finished.
You'll need to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Update Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Lanett, AL
An exceptional way to increase the value of your house and update the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective option over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and provide an updated look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Lanett, AL fluctuates, but many homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, factors such as the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the environment when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets might be in good enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to share a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all the information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Lanett, AL easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.