Find a Pro in Lillian, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services of a residential painter?
A few of the functions an expert painter usually performs include:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your certified professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle the prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your home painting service preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be addressed before painting can start, of course. Your painter could then recommend reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring a vetted painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, checked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What is the typical per hour rate charged by painters?
Typically, a painter's price on labor varies between $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or overhead included.
Remember that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter per hour. That's only for the work being done. Insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself is not added in that price.
Is it a wise choice to prioritize interior painting for my home?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your House: A professional paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and appeal.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you haven't painted your house in the past few years or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, many residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what color scheme you pick, a fresh paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture will lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint works to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your home. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All homes harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often have scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your home over the years. Getting your home's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your home.
During what time of the year are painters usually the least busy?
A major selling point to booking within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting contractors have more open spots in their schedules.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they typically do in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Dependable Home Painting Contractors Serving in Lillian, Alabama
When you're searching for a dependable residential painter in Lillian, Alabama, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent choice to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home can improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also supplies several practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to secure the wood from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your house inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that brings together all the important information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Lillian, Alabama and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.