Find a pro in Lineville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Lineville, Alabama. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Lineville, Alabama
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Lineville, Alabama, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lineville, Alabama. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.