Find a pro in Livingston, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Livingston
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Livingston, AL
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Livingston, AL, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.