Find a pro in Lowndesboro, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Lowndesboro, AL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Lowndesboro, AL
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Lowndesboro, AL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.