Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Moulton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing compared to installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement project that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent perks of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and stress-free project to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you hire a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the current doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has a unique approach and offers a distinctive outcome in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best advantages about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why will cabinet refinishing be the right option for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Moulton, AL have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Discover a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Moulton, AL
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many homeowners in Moulton, AL have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Moulton, AL with confidence.