Find a Pro in New Market, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What considerations are important when picking the exterior paint color for your property?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that complements your overall design will be the best choice. It's relatively inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when choosing a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you select should complement the overall design you're going for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful tones that have the ability to give you a serene feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that stands out from the rest, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more cozy and content.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will normally give you a high-quality result than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and skills to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time attempting to fix mistakes, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to perform the job as efficiently as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to a painter to do it all. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or providing subpar results.
What actions are involved in getting a house ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and according to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the skills, tools, and strategies to do the job with exceptional craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look beautiful for a long time. These are some of the steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to work with, so using power washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can repair flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a sleek result.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stay.
What's the price of painting a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great home improvement for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can mean higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the costs you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Find Exterior Painting Contractors in New Market, AL
Begin browsing for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in New Market, AL. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the training and knowledge to deliver high-quality services. You can update your property's design with a new pop of color that also offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By hiring a contractor to carry out the job, you're making sure it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can quickly search for contractors, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can see previous exterior painting projects to gain a solid idea of what they can provide. Look through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you use our free app. It's convenient and easy to use for anyone to find the best contractor for the job in their area. Additionally, you can send direct messages, ask for an estimate, and book a consultation all on one platform.
Review the details of the project with an exterior painting professional who can deliver useful tips and help you decide on an attractive color arrangement. Having a freshly painted house can increase your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to breathe some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from a number of local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and perform exceptional craftsmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our app and get in touch with a skilled professional to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.