Find a Pro in Parrish, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you pick?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's relatively affordable to enhance the appearance of your home with assistance from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when choosing a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you pick should complement the general design you're going for and the mood you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are stylish shades that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that stands out from the others, yellows and oranges are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more comfortable and comfortable.
What advantages come with the choice to recruit a professional contractor for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will typically give you a better result than you could bring about on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you have the materials and training to perform the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to perform the project as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should hire a painter to execute it. With their high-quality process and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering less-than-optimal results.
What actions are part of preparing a house for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it's done with close attention to detail and adhering to high-quality standards. Professional painters are prepared with the knowledge, materials, and techniques to perform the project with exceptional workmanship. Remarkable workmanship starts with taking precautions that help the paint stick and look beautiful for a long time. These are certain steps you should take to get ready for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt offers you a clear area to begin working on, so using power washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair damage on exterior of your home so that you can work on a smooth surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a streamlined result.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to help the paint stick.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a worthy home improvement for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Another factor that can add to the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can equate to high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and offer you a free, upfront estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Streamlined Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services in Parrish, Alabama
Start your search for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Parrish, Alabama. If your property needs some new paint, you can recruit a professional with the skills and background to provide outstanding services. You can update your home's design with a new pop of color that offers a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements simultaneously. By seeking out a painter to carry out the project, you're ensuring the work will be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can efficiently look for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can see other exterior painting jobs to gain a better idea of what they can offer. Look through professional profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you use our no-charge platform. It's systematic and simple to use for anyone to choose the best contractor for the project in their area. Additionally, you can send direct messages, request a quote, and set up an appointment all in one app.
Review the details of the job with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with helpful tips and help you brainstorm a beautiful color scheme. Having a newly painted house can increase your property value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from a number of local contractors prepared to begin the project and deliver exceptional work. Get exceptional results by downloading our home management platform and reach out to a skilled professional to handle the whole process with close attention to detail.