Find a Pro in Pisgah, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors should affect your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's somewhat affordable to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a trained and equipped contractor. These are some of the factors you should consider when picking a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should flow with the overarching look you're going for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful shades that have the propensity to give you a contented feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that sticks out from the others, oranges and yellows are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more cozy and content.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a better result than you could achieve by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and experience to execute the job to industry standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting contractor to perform the job as skillfully as possible. The skill they've gained from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should a contractor to execute it. With their superior approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or providing less-than-satisfactory results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers the best results when it's carried out with close attention to detail and according to high-quality standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, materials, and methods to conduct the job with outstanding workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to adhere and look amazing for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting job by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a spotless area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a flat texture.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a smooth result.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stick.
What's the cost of painting a home's exterior?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Another factor that can influence the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equate to high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and provide you with an accurate estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services Near Pisgah, AL
Start your search for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Pisgah, AL. If your home needs some new paint, you can recruit a contractor with the skills and background to deliver outstanding services. You can update your home's aesthetic with a fresh pop of color that simultaneously provides a durable barrier preventing damage. By seeking out a painter to handle the job, you're making sure the work will be of high-quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can efficiently search for professionals, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to get a good idea of their level of expertise. Search through professional profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you download our free platform. It's streamlined and hassle-free to use for homeowners to choose the most qualified candidates for the job near them. Additionally, you can send direct messages, request a quote, and set up an appointment all on one platform.
Discuss the details of the job with an exterior painting contractor who can offer you helpful tips and help you brainstorm a beautiful color scheme. Painting can boost your home value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from many local professionals ready to start the project and deliver exceptional craftsmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by downloading our home management platform and reach out to an experienced exterior painting contractor to handle the whole process with close attention to detail.