Find a Cabinet Painter in Prattville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Alabama // Prattville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be restricted to the kind of paint I can put on my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will face many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their modern look. Common wall paints may not stick properly to cabinets or start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint professionals choose for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those usually applied to walls.
What qualities do I expect in a reliable cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to discover the best one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to start is by understanding exactly what style you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their previous work similar to your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Reliable contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Make sure that any painter you consider provides written statements of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for any surprises to occur after the project begins that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reliability by assessing their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers available online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's always enticing to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt and grime are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and its gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach any places that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and require repainting sooner than expected.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many things that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Prattville, AL, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters may bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your painter will need to recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job finished.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Refresh Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Prattville, AL
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your house and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-efficient option over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter near Prattville, AL fluctuates, but many homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets could be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While searching for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be willing to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Find all the information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Prattville, AL easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.