Find a Pro in Safford, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What array of services will a house painter perform?
Here is what a professional painter will assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your certified painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can handle this prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be remediated before painting can start, of course. Your painter could then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: The best painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the going rate per hour for most painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's cost of labor ranges between $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Be mindful that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter hourly. Insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Is it a wise idea to prioritize interior painting for my house?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you haven't painted your house in the past few years or have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you choose, a fresh paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted protects your house now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health concerns. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your interior. A fresh application of paint also keeps dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: All residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently contain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over the years. Getting your home's interior painted hides all cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your home.
What is the least busiest season of year for painters?
A major selling point about hiring within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Dependable House Painting Contractors in in Safford, AL
When you're looking for a dependable house painter near Safford, AL, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to elevate your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great recommendations about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also features many useful advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that organizes all the relevant information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of vetted painters in Safford, AL and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.