Find a pro in Samson, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Samson, AL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Samson, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Samson, AL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.