Find a Pro in Scottsboro, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you choose?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's fairly inexpensive to improve how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when selecting a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should go with the general aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish hues that have the tendency to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that stands out from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more pleasant and content.
What benefits come with the decision to recruit a professional contractor for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will typically give you a superior result than you could attain by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and training to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up errors, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to perform the project as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to hire a painter to do it all. With their superior process and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or providing less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it's done with close attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the knowledge, tools, and techniques to do the project with outstanding craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look beautiful for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime offers you a clear area to start working on, so using power washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a sleek result.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to stay.
What's the typical budget for painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can result in high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and give you an accurate estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services Near Scottsboro, Alabama
Begin your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and recruit companies in Scottsboro, Alabama. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can find a professional with the qualifications and knowledge to deliver outstanding services. You can upgrade your property's curb appeal with new paint that also provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture. By hiring a contractor to take care of the project, you're ensuring it will be of high-quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can swiftly browse for painters, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting projects to get a solid idea of what they can provide. Look through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you download our free platform. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for homeowners to find the most qualified contractor for the project near them. In addition, you can send direct messages, ask for an estimate, and set up an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the details of the project with an exterior painter who can deliver helpful tips and help you brainstorm a beautiful color arrangement. Having a freshly painted house can boost your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good color, sheen, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from a number of local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and perform outstanding work. Get outstanding results by using our home management platform and contacting a skilled painting contractor to take care of every step in the process with careful attention to detail.