Find a pro in Sterrett, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Sterrett, AL
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Sterrett, AL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Sterrett, AL. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.