Find a pro in Tibbie, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Tibbie, Alabama
When you need roofing maintenance services in Tibbie, Alabama, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.