Find a pro in Uniontown, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Uniontown, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Uniontown, AL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Uniontown, AL. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.