Find a pro in Bauxite, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Bauxite, Arkansas. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Bauxite, Arkansas
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Bauxite, Arkansas. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bauxite, Arkansas. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.