Find a Pro in Benton, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Can interior painting give a good return on investment?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A professional paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not considering selling your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that really pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively affordable project to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you haven't painted your interior in the past few years and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what color scheme you select, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted secures your property now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint is designed to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints these days are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal choice for your home. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: Most houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently contain scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your home's interior painted covers those imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your living space.
When will painters experience the slowest business season?
A major benefit to scheduling during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting contractors are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I consider repainting my home's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some evident things to watch out for; however, there are also some less evident things that can create issues too. Exterior painting can be an extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire professional painters.
Since every property differs from one another, there is no set time to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for people. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, depending on factors like where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try and find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The type of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its lifespan. It's also beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether your residence was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What array of services will a residential painter provide?
Here is what a professional painter can assist with:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to choose the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your certified professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and will take care of the prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your home painting service preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they notice things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages need to be fixed before the project can commence, of course. Your service could then suggest other trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Professional painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring a high-quality painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Hire a Qualified Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Benton, AR
When you want a good residential painter in Benton, AR, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home can boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also brings several useful advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that organizes all the relevant information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Benton, AR and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.