Find Deck Staining in Bentonville, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DECK STAINING
Can the weather ruin my deck staining project?
Deck staining is a seasonal project and you'll get the best results when performing it when the weather is right:
- Temperature - Staining any deck works better while the temperature is fair, particularly between 50°F and 90°F. Staining beneath very hot and cold temperatures will negatively impact the application and curing process.
- Humidity - Lower humidity levels are preferable while deck staining, as excessive moisture will extend drying times and increase the risk of mildew issues.
- Rain Forecast - All stains feature specifications on how long curing should take, and it's required that it stays dry throughout this period. Your project's scheduling needs to take into consideration the rain forecast and ideally be finished 24 to 48 hours before any potential showers.
What prep has to be conducted before staining a deck?
Detailed prep of the deck and the surrounding environment needs to be carried out to guarantee a good finish. Obstructing grass and plants should be pushed back, and any pathways or other structures should be protected to eliminate coming into contact with the stain. The wood of the deck might need to be cleaned and sanded to facilitate adequate penetration and adhesion.
Choosing the best stain for any deck is an essential step of the preparation and requires careful consideration, including aspects such as:
- Type of Wood - Some types of wood will gain more from particular stains that will provide your deck the best aesthetic and durability.
- The opacity of the Stain - The opacity of stains for decks varies from transparent to solid, with solid typically delivering the most protection from water and sun damage. If the wood used on your deck has minimal durability, you might want a solid or semi-solid stain for enhanced conservation.
- Coordination With Your Home - You can pick a stain based on its hue and opacity to accentuate or stand out from the aesthetic of your home and yard.
Will painting my deck be a smarter option than staining it?
Deck staining and painting have unique benefits, so it's essential to consider which option most suits your requirements when deciding between them. The two most significant benefits of painting are the wider selection of colors and improved surface protection. However, paint also demands extensive maintenance because of peeling and fading relatively fast. On the other hand, stain will not peel if properly dried, needs minimal effort to maintain, and has more benefits, such as:
- Penetrates the Wood - Unlike paint, which simply covers the surface, stains penetrate the wood, providing better protection against water, the sun, and other destructive threats.
- Special Additives - Some stains have additives that boost durability, specifically pigments that block UV rays, chemicals that seal against rot, and insecticides that stop bugs from infesting the wood.
Talk about the pros and cons of deck staining and painting with the contractors listed on Thumbtack to decide which option will be best for you and your home.
Why do I hear so many people say deck staining is a good investment?
Staining a deck comes with several benefits, such as enhancing its look, extending its lifespan, and increasing its structural integrity. Similar to paint, stains are available in a range of hues and opacities that will help revitalize the style of your home and grounds. You're not as limited as you might think when picking deck staining instead of painting, as you still have several choices to accentuate your home or create a look that stands apart.
The protection that stain gives your deck will be well worth the cost of enlisting a professional to guarantee excellent results. The climate in Bentonville, Arkansas poses the biggest threat to your deck, and regardless how durable the type of wood it's constructed with, a good coat of stain will help keep out water and UV rays that will destroy it over time. A few other benefits of deck staining include stopping insects and mold from destroying the wood and easy maintenance. Hire a professional listed on Thumbtack to stain your deck the right way and maximize your investment by prolonging its lifespan.
Hire a Deck Staining Professional in Bentonville, Arkansas on Thumbtack and Get the Aesthetic and Durability You Desire
Deck staining is great for refreshing its look and delivering long-lasting protection against the climate and pests that will degrade it over time. A dependable contractor will handle every step, from preparation to application and curing, to ensure it turns out the way you envisioned.
Hiring a professional is highly advised if you lack experience carrying out deck staining or don’t have time to devote to the project. Working with stains requires careful attention to detail to ensure a consistent application and that it cures correctly to safeguard the wood from moisture, sun, and insects. You will also benefit from the knowledge that contractors can offer regarding picking the right stain for the type of wood your deck is constructed with to ensure you get the desired aesthetic. Although stain cannot offer as much variety as paint, many hues and opacities are still available to help your deck transform into a unique visual element of your property.
A lot of people wrestle with deciding to paint or stain their decks, and both options come with unique benefits. Painting offers more versatility in colors and looks and is good for protecting surfaces. The downside is that you’ll have to repaint many times over the years as it peels away under steady foot traffic and fluctuating weather conditions. On the other hand, stain soaks deep into the wood and carries pigments that block destructive UV rays and other chemicals that secure it from rot and insect damage. Stain also won't need reapplication for two to three years if properly dried.
Staining any deck requires a practiced hand and careful consideration for every step of the process. Carrying out the job at an unseasonable time of year or applying it haphazardly will lead to insufficient protection and an inconsistent look. Save time and eliminate the stress of doing it all yourself by turning to an expert who can guarantee excellent results. Evaluate staining contractors in Bentonville, Arkansas and choose the best one matching your vision and budget all in one place on the convenient Thumbtack app.