Find a pro in Compton, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Compton, AR. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Compton, AR
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Compton, AR, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.