Find Deck Staining in Conway, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DECK STAINING
Will the weather play a hand in the outcome of deck staining?
Deck staining is a season-specific project and you'll get the best results when executing it in suitable weather conditions:
- Temperature - Applying stain to any deck is best while the temperature is moderate, particularly between 50°F and 90°F. Staining under very warm and cold temperatures can negatively impact the application and curing process.
- Humidity - Lower humidity levels are preferred while deck staining, as too much moisture can extend drying times and increase the danger of mildew problems in the future.
- Rain Forecast - Different stains come with specifications on how long curing will take, and it's essential that they remain dry during this time. Your project's scheduling should take into consideration the rain forecast and preferably be completed 24 to 48 hours before any possible showers.
What prep needs to be performed before staining my deck?
Careful prep of the deck and the surrounding environment must be performed to guarantee a good finish. Vegetation will need to be removed, and any pathways or other structures should be protected to eliminate coming into contact with the stain. The wood of the deck may need to be cleaned or sanded to allow good penetration and sticking.
Selecting the right stain for your deck is an essential step of the preparation and requires some consideration, including aspects such as:
- Species of Wood - Some wood species will gain more from particular stains that will give your deck the best aesthetic and durability.
- The opacity of the Stain - The opaqueness of stains for decks varies from clear to solid, with solid typically providing superior defense from water and sun damage. If the wood used on your deck is known for low strength, you may want a solid or semi-solid stain for long-term conservation.
- Coordination With Your Home - You can select a stain based on its hue and opaqueness to accentuate or stand out from the style of your home and lawn.
Will painting my deck be a smarter option than staining it?
Deck staining and painting have unique advantages, so it's essential to analyze which option most meets your requirements when deciding between the two. The two most significant advantages of painting are the extensive variety of colors and improved surface shielding. However, paint also demands more maintenance due to peeling and fading over time. On the other hand, stain does not peel once properly dried, needs less effort to care for, and has other advantages, including:
- Penetrates the Wood - Unlike paint, which merely covers the surface, stains penetrate the wood, delivering better defense from water, UV rays, and other destructive threats.
- Special Additives - Many stains contain additives that increase durability, including pigments that block UV rays, chemicals that resist mold and mildew, and insecticides that stop bugs from eating the wood.
Discuss the benefits of deck staining and painting with the experts listed on Thumbtack to decide which option will be right for you and your home.
Can staining a deck deliver any advantages other than aesthetics?
Staining a deck brings several advantages, such as enhancing its style, extending its lifespan, and increasing its structural integrity. While not to the extent of paint, stains are available in a range of hues and opacities that can help revitalize the style of your home and grounds. You're not limiting yourself when picking deck staining over painting, as you still have several choices to accentuate your home or produce a look that stands apart.
The security that stain gives your deck will be well worth the cost of enlisting a professional who can ensure excellent results. The weather in Conway, AR is the biggest threat to your deck, and no matter how strong the kind of wood it's made with, a proper coat of stain will safeguard it from water and UV rays that will destroy it over time. Examples of other advantages of deck staining include stopping bugs and mildew from destroying the wood and easy maintenance. Discover a professional listed on Thumbtack to stain your deck the right way and get the most from your investment by prolonging its lifespan.
Discover a Deck Staining Professional in Conway, AR on Thumbtack and Get the Look and Protection You Desire
Deck staining is great for updating its appearance and providing unmatched durability against the climate and pests that will degrade it over time. A proven contractor can handle the challenging task for you, from prep to application and curing, to make sure it turns out the way you expected.
Enlisting a professional is highly advised if you lack familiarity performing deck staining or the time to dedicate to the project. Working with stains demands careful attention to detail to ensure an even application and that it cures correctly to secure the wood from water, UV rays, and pests. You can also benefit from the advice that contractors can offer when it comes to choosing the right stain for the kind of wood your deck is built with to ensure you get the desired aesthetic. Although stain won't offer as much variety as paint, many hues and opacities are still available to help your deck stand out as a unique visual element of your home.
Many people wrestle with choosing to paint or stain their decks, and both options have their unique advantages. Painting gives better versatility in colors and styles and is good for protecting surfaces. The downside is that you’ll need to repaint many times throughout the years as it chips away beneath frequent use and changing weather conditions. On the other hand, stain penetrates deep into the wood and contains pigments that block destructive UV rays and other additives that secure it from rot and insect damage. It also doesn't need to be reapplied for two to three years so long as it's been adequately dried.
Staining any deck demands attention to detail and careful consideration for every step of the project. Performing the job at an unseasonable time of year or applying it incorrectly will lead to insufficient protection and an inconsistent appearance. Save time and eliminate the stress of doing it all yourself by turning to a professional who can deliver excellent results. Compare staining contractors in Conway, AR and choose the right one suiting your vision and budget easily in one place on the convenient Thumbtack app.