Find a Pro in Crawfordsville, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you pick?
When you're picking a paint color for your home, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the best choice. It's relatively affordable to boost how your home looks with assistance from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when picking a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should flow with the overarching design you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are elegant shades that have the tendency to give you a contented feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more cozy and comfortable.
Why should you retain the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Seeking an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically give you a high-quality result than you could achieve by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you have the tools and skills to perform the job to industry standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can hire an exterior painting professional to carry out the job as adeptly as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to hire a painter to do it all. With their high-quality practices and guaranteed work, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or offering less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting delivers the best results when it is carried out with careful attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the training, tools, and techniques to perform the job with exceptional workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking preliminary steps that let the paint stay and look beautiful for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt offers you a spotless area to work with, so using power washing tools is an effective way to wash it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work with a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to let the paint stick.
How much does an exterior painting project cost?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can mean higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and give you a free quote for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Compare and Hire Exterior Home Painting Contractors Near Crawfordsville, Arkansas
Begin your search for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Crawfordsville, Arkansas. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the training and background to offer outstanding services. You can improve your property's appearance with a new pop of color that also offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture. By recruiting a contractor to handle the job, you're ensuring it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can efficiently search for painters, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to get an understanding of their degree of expertise. Browsing through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you use our no-cost platform. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for anyone to find the best professional for the job near them. You can also direct message contractors, ask for a quote, and book a consultation all in one place.
Review the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with beneficial recommendations and help you brainstorm an elegant color scheme. Painting can increase your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from several local professionals ready to begin the project and deliver outstanding work. Get exceptional results by using our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced exterior painter to handle the whole process with close attention to detail.